Sunday 15 May 2016

Healthy living

A cyber friend made me think about our health and the health service here in France, I am type 2 diabetic after being diagnosed here 5 years ago.
Things happen very quickly and there is no waiting for appointments, as soon as a blood test confirmed it I was whisked off to hospital where it was soon brought under control, I now have a blood test every 3 months to make sure it stays under control, I also have a yearly eye examination to make sure there is no glaucoma, I also have problems with blood clots and heart arrhythmia  I can get an appointment the next day to see any consultant and all covered by my Carte Vitale, John has since been diagnosed with pre diabetes and has received the same wonderful service.


 

So all in all we are very fortunate to be here in this wonderful country under such a wonderful health service