Monday 21 July 2014

Our French Life - At Last

"At last I have done it"


It is with some pride that I post today, something that to most is very easy to me was until now one of the Bane's of my life, the thing that had eluded me for so long is perfect coleslaw, I know I can hear you all now saying "what you can't make coleslaw, it is one of the easiest things in the world to make".
I have chopped, grated, processed but the mistake I have been making is to follow instructions from the Internet and no matter what I did it would always be a liquid runny mess, certainly no good for sandwiches and we do love a cheese and coleslaw sandwich, I have always been the type of person that doesn't learn very well from written instructions but if someone shows me how to do something I will do it, well that's what happened yesterday, a friend showed me how she made it and today I followed exactly what she had done and Voila perfect coleslaw which we have thoroughly enjoyed in a sandwich for lunch, I will be having some more with my chicken salad for dinner this evening...


I now can see all the mistakes I had been making and will never make them again...
Just feeling a little proud.... is there something you would like to be able to do but just can't get it right?