Sunday, 18 September 2016

Crappy breakfast.


Dear Readers,

I write with a heavy heart today as my picture of heaven (France) has been tilted somewhat and it has happened with what I think is the epitome of French eating, the croissant,
We were just settling down to our sunday morning coffee and croissant, as you know I am always being frugal and looking for cheaper good options, so we chose a cheaper version of the national french petit dejeuner, now you wouldn't expect such an item to be any less than perfect, there was also another reason for buying them, they were in a bag rather than those uncrushable cake containers that take up so much room in the recycling.
Anyway the reason I am up in arms about them and I never thought I would see the day.







I am not sure if you can read the ingredients but there is raise (grease) origin unknown, the next ingredient is I think the most alarming, Palm oil plus many other oils, no sign of any butter, I am so disappointed with Super U which is a large supermarket for this major faux pas, I will go as far as to say that it is a disgrace to French culture and the croissant.

Sad day for the croissant

X


6 comments:

  1. Oh, Roz! Croissants should be bought at the boulangerie!!! Not at Super U. The only things one buys at the supermarket are toilet paper and canned goods.
    Better to have one good croissant than a bag of bad industrial ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear. I love croissants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz, I agree with Francetaste. You could make it part of your day to go to the boulangerie to fetch croissants. Then you could practice your French with the baker. If the boulangerie is too far, how about frozen croissants that you set out to rise? We get those from Trader Joe's and they are yummy when we take them out of the oven the next day.
    Thanks so much for playing along with Dreaming of France today, even though you are already living my fantasy. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour, Roz. I'm pleased that Paulita introduced me to your blog. I agree with the others. Croissants should be bought at the boulangerie. You are certain to find butter in those, n'est pas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roz, Hope you have found better croissants by now. You are neglecting your blog worse than I am! But I'm so grateful that you joined in with Dreaming of France. Thanks! Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paulita,sorry I haven't blogged for a while mainly we have been busy putting the garden to bed for the winter and shutting down the hot tub. Now I am nursing a very painful kidney infection and waiting to see a Dr, hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read your comments and I will try to answer you all x