Sunday, 3 April 2016

Our French life - write it down.

Write it down !

I am not the sort of cook who follows a recipe as I like to be creative in the kitchen, that said there have been many times when I have been creative with a meal and it has been very successful only to find that I can't remember what I did... so now it is my intention to have a notebook as my side kick when my creative juices are flowing so that I can jot it down as I go along and therefore avoiding the disappointment when I try a meal for the second time only to find it is nothing like the delightful meal we experienced first time.

Do you like my little book - well why have a boring notebook when you can have a pretty one.


I am in the process of getting myself organised and trying to do a weekly meal planner, originally the plan was to do a monthly meal planner but we shop weekly, not sure if I want to shop for a whole month, and where would I put it plus I am pretty sure that over a month I would run out of something ( there are some things you can't buy a month's worth of)  I would then have to make an unscheduled trip to the Supermarket, I have never been able to just walk into a shop for one thing without coming out with a dozen others.
So I am doing a folder that will house all my recipes, there will be a list of all the meals we like that will enable me to write up a weeks meals, I can then see what I need for the weeks meals and write a shopping list accordingly, plus I can check what I have in the freezer already.
My memory is getting bad so it means that if it isn't on the list I don't buy it, this is helpful and it means also that I can save some money.

Happy Sunday everyone, I will show you my folder when I have finished it and make sure it works.

4 comments:

  1. Roz, I'm afraid I tend to make the same things frequently so I don't have to worry about the recipe too much. I hope that once we live in France we'll be planning menus daily rather than weekly or monthly. I'm looking forward to walking to the market and buying fresh produce. Plus, I know that the refrigerators are tiny in most French houses.
    I'd love it if you'd play along with Dreaming of France today. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to do the same but we have decided that we are getting a bit bored so need a change plus the meals are different in the summer to the winter, Paulita I am not sure what I am supposed to do to play along on your blog but I will try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz, You did it just write. Leaving your name and your link led me straight to your blog. Thanks for playing along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roz, I’m visiting via Paulita’s Dreaming of France meme! I think your little recipe book is very cute especially as I gather Stephanie is not your name???

    Please come visit me at my blog where I posted about a trip to Bandol many, many years ago when i was still young:)
    Cheers,
    Shim
    http://simcarter.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-walk.html

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read your comments and I will try to answer you all x